Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trying New Things

Yum yum yum...
Fish Tacos...  Well, for starters I am not much of a fish eater. However, my main squeeze is in love with seafood. So I was not going to throw too much of a fit when he told me he was making this for dinner. i had never had fish tacos before, so I was willing to try it as long as he was making it. Needless to say, the meal was delicious. He made everything himself and it was his first time, too! Cod, a creamy sauce, shredded cabbage and pico de gallo in a corn tortilla. He loves guacamole, so he let me make that to accompany our lovely dinner. Add a couple Bud Light Limes and we were set! I was very impressed and glad to not have had to do very much work that evening. I will gladly let him cook for me again!

Sydney's Guacamole:

  • Avocados (I used 3 small ones)
  • Diced tomato
  • Diced white onion
  • Lime juice
  • Salt
Cut avocados in half, remove pit and dispose of it. Take a spoon and scoop out the avocado into a large bowl. Mash with a fork (I like mine a little chunky!). Add diced tomato and diced onion. Stir. Add lime juice and salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment