Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting There: Relay for Life updates

I am about 3 weeks from my Relay for Life event.. May 18th is seriously sneaking up on me.

Yesterday we had a wonderful fundraiser put on by one of our local restaurants, Louie's. They were gracious enough to donate 100% of the profits ALL DAY if guests mentioned Relay to their servers. Does it get any better than that?? So thankful for the owners...

I was beginning to worry that things were not going to fall into place. However, the past couple weeks have been great. My contacts have been returning my inquiry emails and my event schedule is getting fuller and fuller. Of course, I am learning that there are things that I cannot control and just need to let it go. I do believe that that has been the hardest part for me. (I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to planning...)

I'm getting really excited for the event to happen. I'm so ready to celebrate my hard work, the committee's hard work and all the great fundraising efforts the team's have made in the past year. We have all done such a wonderful job.


No comments:

Post a Comment